About Me

My photo

Independent
Close to my Heart
Consultant

Contact me today to schedule your home gathering or place an order!

Monday, October 12, 2015

Elephant for You


Back in August, my family road-tripped to Wisconsin for a reunion with my Mom's extended side of the family.  We all gather together every 5 years -- from my great-grandparents' generation all the way down.  This year, the oldest living member of the family is 92, and the youngest was born the day before the reunion -- obviously, he wasn't in attendance though as he and his mama were resting in the quiet of their hospital room.

At the reunion, I took dozens, err... hundreds of pictures.  Upon returning home, I sorted all the pictures, trashed the bad ones, and burned the rest onto dvds to be sent to a member from each branch of the top of the family tree.  There are nine branches stemming from my great-grandparents so I knew I couldn't make discs for each person.  I'd probably still be burning discs if I tried!!  Luckily the family agreed and were okay with reaching out to their appointed family member to get a copy of the disc.  Whew...

Anyways, I wanted to include a little note with each disc I mailed so I came up with a simple 4x4 card using some cardstock, washi tape, and stamps.  Our family has a unique obsession with white elephants as my great-grandparents owned a tavern called the White Elephant in Wisconsin.


Supplies used:
*Recollections cardstock
*Paper Studio washi tape
*Close to My Heart ink
*Stamp set from my stash

Until next time, remember to design it with {heart}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I {heart} your comments!