About Me

My photo

Independent
Close to my Heart
Consultant

Contact me today to schedule your home gathering or place an order!

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Happy Birthday, Princess


Last weekend, we celebrated my niece's birthday.  I bought her a variety of Disney princess and Frozen items.  So naturally, I had to make her a special princess card to go along with her gift.  A while back, I bought a sequin-blend from SpiegelMom Scraps called Ella's Castle featuring mini silver stars, mini royal blue sequins, large white sequins, and silver castles.  The mini stars and sequins were perfect for the shaker balloon!

Wanting the princess to look like Anna from Frozen, I mixed and matched cuts from the Paper Doll Dress-Up Cricut cartridge and used my micro-tip scissors to modify some of the layers by hand.  I cut the princess dress 4 times -- once in each color and carefully trimmed the pieces to "color block" the dress to match Anna's.

Although hard to tell in the picture, I used the clear glossy side of the Fundamentals cardstock for the glacier background to add dimension to the card without taking away from the Cricut cuts.


Supplies used:
*Holiday Tags stamp set
*Artistry Cricut collection
*5 1/2" X 4 1/4" White Cards & Envelopes, Value Pack
*Paper Fundamentals Whimsy
*12" x 12" Black cardstock
*12" x 12" Champagne cardstock
*12" x 12" Saffron cardstock
*12" x 12" Sapphire cardstock
*12" x 12" Thistle cardstock
*12" x 12" White Daisy cardstock
*Thistle Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Marvy Uchida LePen journaling pen
*Silver shimmer trim
*3-D foam tape

*Paper Doll Dress-Up Cricut cartridge
*Ella's Castle sequin mix - SpiegelMom Scraps

To order these or any of our other fabulous Close to My Heart products, please visit http://jddesigns.ctmh.com.

Until next time, design with {heart}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I {heart} your comments!