About Me

My photo

Independent
Close to my Heart
Consultant

Contact me today to schedule your home gathering or place an order!

Monday, March 28, 2016

March Showers Bring Birthday Flowers


Over the weekend, we celebrated the March birthdays in our family.  My sister-in-law loves Jelly Bellies, and I had a bag to give her.  But of course, it's no fun to just give someone a bag of candy; I had to scrap it up.

To make this fun candy jar, I first went to my basket of jars to upcycle and found an old salsa jar.  I then used washi tape to cover the writing on the sides of the lid and cut/decorated a circle to fit inside the top of the lid.

To make the flower on the front of the jar, I cut several flower images from Artistry using the Icon feature starting with a 3 1/2" flower alternating between Pixie and Canary dropping the size by 1/4" in time.  I used a bone folder to curl the petals before assembling the layers with glue dots.  I finished the flower with a 3/4" Pixie circle and a silver sparkle flower from the Playful Puffies assortment.  I also cut the leaves from Artistry and scored them down the center for some added dimension. 

Hint -- pre-assemble panel flat before wrapping  it around the jar

 


Decorated Lid

Supplies used:
*Artistry Cricut collection
*Holiday Tags stamp set
*Penelope paper packet
*12" x 12" Canary cardstock
*12" x 12" Pixie cardstock
*12" x 12" White Daisy cardstock
*Pear Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Silver shimmer trim
*Limeade washi tape
*Playful Puffies

To order these or any of our other fabulous Close to My Heart products, please visit http://jddesigns.ctmh.com.

Until next time, design with {heart}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I {heart} your comments!