About Me

My photo

Independent
Close to my Heart
Consultant

Contact me today to schedule your home gathering or place an order!

Blog Archive

Friday, September 4, 2015

Make a Wish, Grandma!


Happy Birthday, Grandma (Mom)!

In all the excitement of the new catalog release yesterday, I didn't get a chance to share my most recent "proud mommy" moment with you all. 

Last weekend, my siblings and I threw a surprise birthday party for our parents.  My mom's actual birthday was yesterday, and my dad's is in March.  So we decided to surprise them both with a double party.  Lots of friends and family came, and fun time was had by all!

My sisters and I incorporated several homemade elements into the party -- a banner, a photo guest book, centerpieces, etc.  As always, my 4 y.o. son loved hanging out in my studio with us while we crafted.  On Friday morning, as I was putting finishing touches on the decorations, my son asked if he could craft with me.  We decided he could make a card for Grandma.

I grabbed a couple birthday themed stamp sets from my collection and asked him what colors he wanted to stamp with.  He chose the new Birthday Wish hostess exclusive stamp set and the Topiary / Sunset ink colors.  As we created the card, he would pick the stamp he wanted, I would put it on a block and ink it in his color choice, and then he would stamp it himself.  In the end, I asked if he wanted to add some sparkle.  He chose the gold shimmer trim, and after I cut an appropriate length for him, he stuck it to the card.  Lastly, I trimmed up the edges of the shimmer trim, and we were done.  My son had made his first Close to My Heart birthday card!!


Supplies used:
*Birthday Wish stamp set (Hostess Exclusive)
*12" x  12" White Daisy card stock
*Topiary Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Sunset Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Gold Shimmer Trim

To order these or any of our other fabulous Close to My Heart products, please visit http://jddesigns.ctmh.com.

Until next time, remember to design it with {heart}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I {heart} your comments!