About Me

My photo

Independent
Close to my Heart
Consultant

Contact me today to schedule your home gathering or place an order!

Blog Archive

Friday, September 25, 2015

Zoe "Kill-a-Kit" process -- Day #5: Happy Wishes


As many of you know, I tend to pick a paper packet and work it until it's gone.  Typically, I will make the Workshop on the Go and/or Fundamentals layouts and as many more scrapbook layouts as I can until my scraps get too small or too few to make more layouts.  Once I finish the scrapbook layouts, I switch gears and make cards until I officially "kill" the paper packet.  I also try to use up as many of the coordinating embellishments as I can.  When I have completely exhausted all paper from the packet, I will... {GASP!}... throw away the final scraps -- usually there are very few leftovers.  At that time, I take any remaining embellishments (such as stickers, ephemera, etc.), cut them into individual pieces, and put them in a small basket of mixed embellishments if I can see myself using them in the future or into another small container to use for pocket letters or other giveaways.

This week on my blog, I been featuring my "kill-a-kit" projects for the Zoe collection.  I have loved playing with Zoe, but feel the time has come to give her a rest and enjoy some of the other fabulous collections currently offered by Close to My Heart.  I hope you'll enjoyed coming back each day to see what I came up with.

Today's cards are my favorites of my Zoe KaK process.  I love the "Think Happy Be Happy" cut from the Artistry Cricut collection, and there's just something about the "Make a Wish" card that I can't get enough of.  In fact, that card is currently on display in my studio.

The patchwork technique used in the "Think Happy" card is one of my favorites for using up scraps as it is made from multiple 1-inch squares.  First, I cut a piece of cardstock (usually a scrap piece from my stash as it won't show) to whatever size layer I'm working with - usually in full inch increments in at least one direction.  I cover said piece with adhesive (ATG or other tape runner) being sure to get adhesive anywhere I will be placing a square.  Next, I apply my squares either in a repetitive pattern or more often, randomly.  Once all the squares are securely adhered, I run the layer through my Cuttlebug with an embossing folder that coordinates with my B&T paper.

On the Wish card, I used the same Blending Pen coloring technique I used earlier in the week (for full details, check out Wednesday's post).  To create the ombre look, I started at the top of the candle and colored my way down as I used up the ink on the Blending Pen.  This kept the higher concentration of color at the top of the candle.




Supplies used:
*Artistry Cricut Collection
*Birthday Wish stamp set (Hostess Exclusive)
*Zoe Paper Packet
*12" x 12" Sorbet cardstock
*12" x 12" Glacier cardstock
*12" x 12" White Daisy cardstock
*White Daisy card bases
*Slate Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Sweet Leaf Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Glacier Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Sorbet Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Canary Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*White Shimmer Trim
*Glacier Extra Thick Baker's Twine
*Bitty Sparkles
*White Gel Pen (from my stash)

To order these or any of our other fabulous Close to My Heart products, please visit http://jddesigns.ctmh.com.

Stay tuned for Monday's blog post where I will reveal my final project count for the Zoe collection.

Until next time, remember to design it with {heart}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I {heart} your comments!