About Me

My photo

Independent
Close to my Heart
Consultant

Contact me today to schedule your home gathering or place an order!

Friday, December 18, 2015

Watercolor Wonderful


I absolutely love the colors in the Sangria collection so last month, I decided to have some watercolor fun with that color scheme.  To start, I took a large piece of watercolor paper and tacked it to my work surface with some washi tape.  Working in smaller sections, I first applied a little water to the paper using my paint brush, and then began adding color allowing the colors to mix and blend together.  Once I was done coloring the entire page, I used my craft heater to dry the paper.  Tip -- to help keep your paper flat-ish, heat the back of the paper after you are done drying the front.  This helps curl the paper back in the other direction.  Finally, I used the finished watercolor paper like I would a sheet of B&T to create the cards below.  I worked in pairs varying greetings to great a variety of cards with minimal effort.





Supplies used:
*Just to Say stamp set (Artfully Sent exclusive)
*Curlique Frames stamp set (Artfully Sent exclusive)
*Opportunity stamp set (Consultant exclusive)
*Among the Stars stamp set (Consultant exclusive)
*12" x  12" Black cardstock
*12" x  12" Kraft cardstock
*12" x  12" Pomegranate cardstock
*12" x  12" White Daisy cardstock
*White Daisy card bases
*Watercolor paper
*Watercolor paints
*Paintbrush set
*Black Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Pomegranate Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Desert Sand Exclusive Inks stamp pad
*Purple shimmer trim
*Gold shimmer trim
*Gold sequins assortment
*Pink enamel gems

*Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine

To order these or any of our other fabulous Close to My Heart products, please visit http://jddesigns.ctmh.com.

Until next time, remember to design it with {heart}!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I {heart} your comments!